Our Compliments & Complaints Procedure
At Newlands, we believe that it should as easy as possible to let us know if you have a concern, if you want to register a complaint or even a compliment. That’s why we welcome all feedback from you, your family or a visitor, whether it’s positive or negative. It can be submitted in person or in writing as you prefer.
Be assured that we will treat anything you raise very seriously and use it as an opportunity to learn, adapt, improve and provide better services.
Simply let us know if:
- You’d like to compliment us on a recent experience you have had
- You feel there’s an area where we could improve our services for you
- Our services, staff or care have fallen short of your expectations
- You have a concern about your treatment or care provision
- You can discuss any matter with the Registered Manager at Newlands or a member of our senior management team who will try to work with you to rectify your concern
In response to written complaints we will:
- Answer your complaint as soon as possible in a straightforward, openly and honest way
- If we need to investigate your complaint further we will respond to you within 28 days where possible
- Should you be unhappy with our response there is no need to write to us again to take your complaint further through any escalation procedure
- We will provide a final decision in writing within 56 days of receiving your complaint, unless we have agreed a later deadline with you
- Should someone else be acting on your behalf we will cooperate in the same way
If you feel that your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved please feel free to contact the relevant Ombudsman Service given below:
- Care matters: Local Government Ombudsman ( LGO ). Tel: 0300 061 0614 Web: www.lgo.org.uk
- Other matters: The Property Ombudsman ( TPO ). Tel: 01722 333306 Web: www.tpos.co.uk
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman Service during any investigation and comply fully with the resulting decision, which will be binding on us.
Complaints should be addressed to:
69-70 Victoria Street
In relation to care issues only, you may wish to contact the Care Quality Commission. Please note that while the Commission uses complaints to inform its inspection regime, it does not provide the redress service offered by the Local Government Ombudsman.